CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Simplify

This word has been stirring in me since pine cove family camp a month ago. I just can't get it out of my mind and I really do think the Lord keeps bringing it to the front of my heart and mind. We like most people had a great summer just filled with a lot of busyness. All good stuff, but both Andrew and I felt as though we were always 2 ships passing each other as one left the house to go and do "good things". (Does that make sense??) I am a person who has a very hard time saying no and I feel pressure (that I mainly put on myself) to be the best pastor's wife I can possibly be sometimes making my family pay for it. I call it unhealthy loyalty. :) Being devoted and loyal is all good, but when it wears us thin I think it becomes unhealthy. SO - Simplify is our family's "theme" as we begin fall. I want to simplify all the way down to my kids closets and drawers. I want to get back to prioritizing relationships and eternal things and I know the Lord will give me wisdom and strength to do what I feel He is asking me to do. I was in Hobby Lobby last week and I look over and this sign is staring at me - SIMPLIFY. I looked us and told the Lord,"Okay, I get it!" (I am the kind of person who needs to be told several times.;) So, I bought it and the sign is now hanging in my kitchen and I look at it like 1,000 times a day. Pray for us as we try and find the balance between ministry (that is always a good thing) and our family and couple time. Here are some more recent pics of the kids:

This will sure help simplify! (And help our budget!) Ains is getting close to potty training. (She is more ready than Mommy!;)


Time with Nana



New pjs!






sweet sisters!

Time with Grandpa and Grandma Werley



We are gearing up for preschool around our house these days! The girls just got new nap mats and are so excited to take them to school and use them!:)


0 comments: