CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Pink Blanket

There are some things that we cannot leave the house without - diapers, wipes, pacifiers (for Audrey and Ainsley), full sippy cups, snacks and Audrey's PINK BLANKET. This blanket is with my little girl all day every day. The hardest part of our week is when I have to wash the thing! Audrey will stand by the washer and cry through the cycle and it hardly ever makes it into the dryer. The embarrassing confession is that this raggedy blanket was actually my blanket growing up. (Several of you might remember it! :) It was the item I slept with every night as a child and a teenager. By the time I was off to college, this blanket was actually in two parts - the blanket part and the edges and I carried around both. My mom attempted to sew the edges back on like the week before I went to SFA. After I got married I tried to sleep without it, but I couldn't! (Yes, I apparently have attachment issues!) Andrew is such a wonderful man and he didn't make fun of me too often for being in my 20's and still sleeping with this pink thing. (He even turned around once to go back to a hotel where I left it in the bed!) You would think that once I started having children I would have forgotten about my blanket, but it was always still there - a pink (faded) blob underneath my pillow. Once we had Audrey, she would wake up in the early morning hours and we would bring her back to bed with us and I would usually cover her up with my blanket. When she was about 6 months old, she started wanting to have the blanket with her even when she wasn't sleeping in our bed. Then by 8 months of age, she had to have it with her everywhere she went. So, I guess you could say I have "passed on" to my daughter one of my favorite things. It might not be in bed with us anymore, but the pink blanket is still with me all the time. :) Here are some recent pictures of my precious little girl.

Sweetie!
She usually "wears" her blanket like this.
Dancing
Even Austin has a blanket he is fond of like his sister.
With Daddy watching the 1st Cowboys football game this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Angie. This had me laughing! I miss you! Early in our marriage, we left Truthful at a hotel in San Antonio. We got him back...glad to say, I don't need him anymore. But, I totally identify. The thought of Audrey standing in front of the washer and dryer, crying, is absolutely priceless.

Kelly said...

Angie. ..hey, thanks for you comment. I know Hannah is going through a phase, but it's good to know this is normal (i think). thanks for sharing your life and comments, one day we'll look back and this time will have passed...so we will endure this and move on to the next phase. I love being a mom!
Kelly