CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I have a confession to make...

I totally stress out when it comes to doing the "arts and crafts thing" with my kiddos! I just don't like it. I knew that there was a reason why I wanted to be a middle school teacher instead of an elementary teacher! I just started letting Austin play with crayons, markers, play dough, etc. this summer and I would have waited longer if he let me. I don't know if it is the mess that I know I will have to clean up later or if it is just how chaotic these times always seem to turn out. You see, I don't have a child that will just sit at the table quietly and color for a little bit and then be done. Nope. I have that kiddo that wants to tear the play dough into tiny pieces and then somehow it all ends up on the floor. He has these cute little markers and paints made for little toddler hands, but it kills me when when it ends up on his clothes or in his hair. You are probably saying," Lighten up, Angie! It will clean up and wash out." And I know that in my head, but I have to pump myself up for these "coloring" times during the week. It totally doesn't bother me when Austin gets messy playing outside in the dirt or when he gets food on him at meal times. (Okay, food on the clothing isn't fun for me either:) I am just hoping that this will get better with time because we have many, many more of these "craft opportunities" ahead of us. Yippee!




Here is my sweet boy!
He really does love coloring and painting. I just wish I did!


7 comments:

The Sharpe's said...

LOL! Do you ever watch the show, Jon and Kate Plus Eight....I love this show!!! But, she constantly talks about having to clean up her kids, that's what I was thinking when I was reading this blog.....but, i'm the same way, i hate messes! Especially on clothes, Peyton was coloring with a marker in church last night, i was praying the entire time, that he wouldn't get it on his clothes!!!!

Kylie said...

Hudson has finger paints that are made for the tub-- he gets in, makes a big mess and then it all goes down the drain with the water! I've even heard of people putting butcher paper in an empty tub and letting their kids play in there and then when they're done, washing all the excess down the drain :)
Otherwise, he is SO cute in his little smock and his cute little paints!!

The Billmans said...

They have grown so fast! What beautiful kids. I love Austin's big boy hair cut and Ainsley looks a lot like you Ang! Reading your blog really makes me miss you. What does the last weekend of Sept. look like for you guys? We would love to get together!

angie said...

Oh Angie, I am right there with you...I LOVE making a mess somewhere else just now my house!! Outside painting in play clothes is super fun at the Wood house. I also have spaghetti clothes, for when we eat really messy things!:) Thank you for your sweet comment, love you!

Katy said...

so great to hear from you! Small world that you know Caprice! I need to meet the rest of her family. Yes, we are loving Waco. Kind of funny that we sort of switched places! :)

Meg said...

ohhh i know arts and crafts totally stress me out! it is often a daddy and sophie thing! lucky for us they are SO CUTE to look at, huh?? love and miss ya :)

Kelly said...

Angie,
Hey...so i found your blog , and I love to read it. So i'm gonna officially add you to my list OK : ) Hope I'm not a stalker, I just can relate totally with the craft thing. I really don't like it either, but I feel like, I better learn to like so I can be a really "cool" and "fun" mom. It's hard and messy, and hard when you have other children to tend to as well. I can relate!! Anyway, just saying hey. You can check our our blog as well.
www.jkhcmccarver.blogspot.com
Kelly McCarver (maddux) from MHS.