CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday - One Proud Mama!

Austin dressed up and ready to go for Western Day at his pre-school.

I really don't brag enough about my first born. ;) He really is an amazing kiddo. So smart, so loving, so intuitive and just a fun kid to be around. For some reason every year around Mother's Day I get kind of emotional about the incredible gift of Austin (and his two sisters.:) I know I have said this before, but Austin made me a mommy and I am forever thankful to the Lord for my precious boy. I will never forget when I first found out I was pregnant with him. It was May 2005 right after Mother's day. I remember begging the Lord yet again for a child on that Mother's Day (not knowing yet that there was a life already growing inside of me. :) And here we are about 5 years later and my how life has changed for the better! Praise to God the giver of LIFE!!
Austin goes to a pre-school program at a church in McKinney (about 10 minutes away) two days a week and he absolutely loves it. He has learned so much, made great friends and since he is our kid who likes to "go and do", he has something that is his very own - 'his school.' (He has to share a LOT around our house as the big bro :) In the past month or so, Austin has come home with 2 Super Student Awards that both me and his Daddy are very proud of! As a former teacher, I LOVE being now on the receiving side of these fun awards! :) Like I said, we are SO proud of our little man and all he has accomplished this year.



Austin got this special award for being the only kiddo able to answer all the questions asked in his chapel class after listening to a story from the Bible. As you can guess we celebrated this award in a big way at our house. We pray every night that he would love Jesus and be respectful of others. Yay to Austin for such a great award!

Austin with one of his wonderful pre-school teachers, Ms. Lisa. Thank you so much for a great year!


Austin came home with this award and I had NO IDEA he knew the pledge of allegiance AT ALL! (Way to go mom!) Both Andrew and I were pleasantly surprised and a little shocked that he could say the pledge so well. :) Way to go, buddy!

Audrey and Ainsley get to help drop off their big bro at least once a week. I can't believe that ALL 3 of my kiddos will be going to this pre-school next year! Yes, that means I am going to have about 12 hours a week with NO KIDS!! I don't know what I am going to do with myself! (I am sure I will fill up the time very quickly with errands and ministry. ;) Seriously, the only time I am in my house without kids is when the are all loaded up in the car and I have to run in to grab something. SO excited for this coming fall! :)


I had to also put a picture up (that I took with my new and awesome camera!! Yay!) of Austin's first (and probably not last) black eye. It was so pitiful to watch his eye get worse and not better for several days after he took a knee (or possibly a head) to it at Church one Sunday night. (Already beating up on the pastor's kid! ;) He is definitely all boy when it comes to the rough and tumble! We love this boy of ours!

1 comments:

Daddy said...

good post babe! I love you buddy!