CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Monday, May 3, 2010

31 Reasons why I am OKAY with being 31

Yes - I just celebrated my 31st birthday. I am officially "in my 30s". Here are some things I am rejoicing in so that I don't dwell on how OLD I am getting. ;)

1. The Lord has guided, protected, renewed and restored me over and over again these 31 years. Praise God!
2. I have an amazing hubby (of almost 11 years - WoW!)
3. I have 3 beautiful kids that I adore.
4. I am living my dream of being a stay-at-home mom.
5. I am a TOTALLY different person than who I was at 21.
6. I have awesome family and friends who have stuck with me for many, many years.
7. I love being a pastor's wife.
8. I appreciate the simple things and moments more.
9. I care less about what other people think about me and more about how the Lord is using me.
10. I can drive a paid off mini van with a smile on my face. ;)
11. I love the alone time and date nights I have with my hubby more.
12. Things like the Grocery Game get me excited because I feel like I am honoring the Lord more with the money He has given us.
13. I have a deeper faith and understanding of God than I ever have.
14. My sweet hubby and family got me THIS for my birthday this year!
15. I get hugs all day long from some of His greatest gifts to me.
16. I get excited about serving the people of our church and community.
17. I am now almost as old as some of my mentors that I looked up to when I was younger.
18. I have learned a TON about grace and forgiveness.
19. My sister is still one of my very best friends.
20. I still love being around and learning from women who are wise.
21. I appreciate more all my parents sacrificed for me and my brother and sister when we were kids.
22. Perspective for many things has grown and changed for me. (For the better I think.:)
23. No matter if I am on a mountain or in a valley spiritually, I have learned that I am still covered by His love.
24. I have always loved McDonald's and now I have many "reasons/excuses" to go. ;)
25. I love singing 'Jesus Loves Me' and 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' with my girls before we lay them down each night.
26. I still get so excited when my husband comes home in the evenings and we have family time.
27. There are things out there like blogger and face book for me to stay connected with sweet friends no matter how far away.
28. Coffee is my friend!!
29. Each day is a new day on this journey.
30. I love this life! It is everything I dreamed it would be and more!
31. God is so good, gracious and loving!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh angie! I think you will love the camera. I have it too. It is my favorite toy.:)

Libbie said...

Thanks for sharing your many blessings!! That is the exact camera we are saving for right now. You will have to tell me what you think! Hope you had a great birthday.