CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Saturday, December 31, 2011

We made it through the 1st Semester of Home Schooling!!

Yay! It was a GREAT 1st semester of our Home School journey! We completed 50 days of school together (just schooling the 3 days the girls are at preschool and using the 4th day as a catch up day along with 8 weeks of Friday school through a co-op). 50 days was the goal I had in mind and I was so excited to hit that day and look back over what the Lord has done in and through our lives as a family the last 6 months. I worked Austin pretty hard having high expectations on both myself and him (thinking that I am responsible for him learning to read kept me motivated!!) He is a great student and worked hard for his Mommy. I think we both loved spending the time alone together too. ;) We did 2 lessons of each subject everyday (2 math, 2 language etc.) and lots of sight words, Bible, copy work and reading. My Hubby and I agree that it is definitely a success so far. More importantly, I feel like I have my boy's heart more now than ever. That alone is priceless!

 So, to celebrate we went on a date together before the Christmas break. :) I took Austin to Build a Bear and he stuffed and dressed his Jedi Snoopy. (His new favorite stuffed friend!)


We then walked around the mall, ate lunch and then stopped by the pet store to love on some animals. This little guy sat on Austin's lap for almost 30 minutes! (Too bad he cost almost $700! Crazy!!)

Way to go, Austin! You did AWESOME your 1st semester of Kindergarten and this Mommy is so proud of you!!

0 comments: