CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Saying Good Bye Part 2

We had a going away party/reception in Waco for Suzanne the weekend before she left for Africa. It was such a busy time that I didn't get to take very many pictures at all. :( It was a wonderful day where more than 40 friends and family came to say good bye to my sis. Suzanne is dearly loved by many!! Here are a couple of pics I did manage to get:

My parents saying a prayer over Suz.

My dear friend from high school, Kylie. She lived and served the Lord with her hubby in Namibia, South Africa for 2 years about 5 years ago and she has been a wonderful encouragement to both me and Suz. Her mom and sister Anessa (and Kylie's new baby boy, Eli!) also came that day and I loved that they completely knew the emotions that were running through all of us as we anticipated Suzanne leaving. Thank you, Lord for sweet friendships!

It was a wonderful day!


The night before Suzanne left, our family gathered at our house to have a thanksgiving meal together. Suz picked the menu of all of her favorite comfort foods including cheese spaghetti and green been casserole (and some yummy brisket my hubby made. :)

YUMMY!!

Cory and Kristin helping get Suz packed.

The view of our game room during the packing process. :) Suzanne managed to put her whole life into 4 suitcases and 2 carry on bags! It was a crazy process because each bag couldn't exceed 50lbs. We stayed up most of the night, but we did it!

Austin loves his Zuzu!

LOVE this pic! Silly kiddos before bedtime.

Aunt Zuzu reading to Ains one last time. Llama Llama Red Pajama is a fav at our house these days. :) Ainsley will be 4 next time she gets to sit in Zuz's lap. :(


Yes, we bought matching pjs to wear Suz's last night! :)


The next morning was a whirlwind of trying to get the kids ready for school and then Suz to the airport. Someone in this pic isn't happy about his fav Zuzu leaving. Austin totally got that she was leaving and wouldn't be back for a long time. He was really worried that I was going to get on the plane with her! Like REALLY worried about it! Sweet boy!!

I just love this pick too! Emotions were running pretty high at this point. It was really hard for Suz to say good bye to our little monkeys. She loves them tons! I also know this was the day all of us were dreading/excited and anxious about. It was a weird range of emotions.

Here is one last pic with the parents. An exciting part of the day was when all of Suzanne's suitcases passed the weight requirements! (Thanks to a very compassionate and kind airport employee!;)


We listened to Sara Groves all the way to the airport who we both love and just reflected a little bit on how great the Lord is and how amazing her journey has been up to this very pivotal point in her life. We both broke down and ugly cried after this pic saying our last good byes. The Lord has given me such a peace about my little sis going to South Africa. (Believe me! I have come a LONG way since she 1st told me that was where she was being assigned! Now that was a hard day!!) I still don't like the distance, but I know Suz is doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing. She is going to be amazing at serving the people in Africa just like she is with everything else! She has been gone almost a month now and I have only gotten to talk to her via skype once and a couple of times on face book. Right now she is in West Africa doing another orientation called 40/40. Please pray for her during this month and for our family because we aren't able to have any contact with her until after the 20th. :( We can do it! Christ is definitely worth it! July 2012 isn't that far away, right??
"Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude."Colossians 2:6-7


1 comments:

Kylie said...

I just now made it to my google reader to catch up on blog posts...
I am so thankful for you and your sister and love y'all both so much. I'm crying all over again reading this. I miss you. Let's talk soon! :)