CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Ode to the Bumbo

I don't know why I have been in a super sentimental mood these past few weeks. (No, I am not pregnant again!:) I think it is because we are celebrating both Ainsley's 1st year milestone and our 10 year anniversary this coming month. I always kind of get this way around my kiddos birthdays because it is another year to celebrate the Lord's enormous blessings and faithfulness in our lives and our family. So, that is why a lot of mushy blogs will be coming out this summer. I am just so amazed at the way God moves in our lives and the many victories we have had because of His incredible grace! Anyways, I love when my fellow friends who blog do flashback pictures of their kids so I thought I would do one in honor of something that has been like a staple in our home the past 3 years. The Bumbo seat. This thing has to be one of my favorite "things" that we have used with all three of our children. It is a wonderful seat that they could begin using at about 4 months old to give them a new perspective on life even before they could sit up on their own. It has a deep seat and there was almost no way (unless you put it on top of a counter top or table) that they could come out of it. (Yes - our sweet Audrey who has fallen off of every surface in our home did fall out of it - no surprise to those of us who know and love her. :) It has been WONDERFUL and we have even taken it many times to restaurants and have used it has a high chair until we were ready for the transition to the "real" high chair. Just about 2 weeks ago we put it away for possibly the last time or at least for a while and I was sad. Silly I know, but like I said before - I am an emotional basket case these days. So here's to you - bumbo seat. Thank you for the many fun memories and for being literally a part of our family for the past couple of years. Here are some fun pictures of the 'A' team in both the beloved bumbo and in their high chair for the 1st time. Enjoy!


Austin at about 5 months old the day of his baby dedication.

One of his first days in his high chair. Time is FLYING folks!


Look at that sweet face!! Audrey at about 5 months old.
She loved the Bumbo seat the most I think.

This is pretty much what Audrey's face looks like at the end of every meal we give her - even today! She is our eater and enjoys the "full" meal experience.

Here is Ainsley posing for some Christmas pics in what other else than the Bumbo seat?! We took this thing everywhere!


And here is her sweet face in the early morning in her high chair seat for one of the 1st times. She is pretty much telling me here to stop snapping pics and feed her. :)

1 comments:

David M said...

These pics are great - time flies! Seeing your kiddo transition from the bumbo seat to the high chair really accentuates how fast they change! Is the bumbo seat retired forever for you & Andrew??!! lol!
--Uncle David--