CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday - My Sweet Boy

I feel like I have talked a lot lately about my 2 girls and not a whole lot about my first born. I love this boy that the Lord has given me more than anything! Austin is a very special kiddo - first of all he made me a mommy and we waited and prayed a long time for him. Second, he has so much energy and joy that is infectious (and some times exhausting:). And lastly, he makes me and Andrew sit back and marvel at if we can love someone this much, then how much more does our Father in heaven love us?! That is incredible love!

Austin is way into trains and cars these days. He loves to sit and push them around on his "road" in our living room making the noises they make. He loves being outside and swinging on our swing set, going to church to play with his "friends", his Papa (my dad), Thursday night movie nights (we watch The Polar Express most weeks - his fav), reading Thomas the Train and Curious George books, his big boy bed, going to the park and feeding the ducks and riding his tricycle around the block. He is constantly talking and asking us questions and everyone he meets becomes his "friend". He has big friends and small friends as he puts it. So cute! He loves to laugh and today he had me rolling! I was changing his dirty diaper and he was holding his nose describing to me how stinky it was and saying, "Mommy, I sorry I have stinky poo poo." I love those moments! I couldn't stop laughing!

He has started going to the very first level of Awanas called Puggles on Wednesday nights at our church where he is learning how much God loves him and all the things that God has made. This is his favorite time of the week and he is so excited to go with daddy to church/work these nights. He always comes home bouncing off the walls and so excited to share what he has learned. I think he loves this time each week because it is something special to him that just he does with daddy and it makes him feel like a real "big boy".

Austin is growing so fast and I can't believe that he will be 3 in a couple of months! I am so proud of my little boy and how well he has adjusted in his short life to having 2 little sisters around. I can't wait to see how those relationships grow and blossom! He loves both Audrey and Ainsley so much and he is already very protective of both of them. He is our sweet little man and I praise the Lord for blessing me with the gift of him and my 2 girls. I just pray that I can be the best mom possible for him and that Andrew and I can model Christ's love to him on a daily basis.

Here are some pics of our cutie.


Before bed
He loves his "blue vacuum"
Very proud that he climbed into Audrey's bed to wake her up. :)
Silly wearing my sun glasses
laughing about something silly he just said
Happy Birthday today to our Aunt Alisha!
We love you and hope you had a wonderful day!

1 comments:

Kylie said...

We sure do love that boy, too!!

Maybe you ought to get one of those child proof door knobs :) -- we have one on the outside of Avery's door, only to keep Hudson from getting in there and waking her! :) which he was doing quite often before we put the little white knob cover on!
What a precious, funny little boy you have!