CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy 89th Birthday, Granddaddy!

Today my Granddaddy Mauritzen is 89!
I wanted to put some pictures up of him and his bride (we lost Jeannemommie to a stroke about 4 1/2 years ago) and the family legacy they created together:

This was in December 2005 - Their 60th Wedding Anniversary Celebration!


With their 3 boys - My daddy, Uncle Chris and Uncle David


The whole Mauritzen crew at their celebration in '05. (I was 3 weeks away from delivering Austin. :)

LOVE this sweet picture! They adored each other and i know Granddaddy still misses her so much like all of us do. Jeannemommie was an amazing woman of strength and character. Sometimes when Ainsley smiles it reminds me of her sweet smile like in this picture. Just wish she could have met my girls...


All of their grandsons (and my handsome hubby;)


And the granddaughters - we were DEFINITELY outnumbered growing up!!

9 grand kids and 2 spouses :)

My Granddaddy served our country and I am so proud of that.
Thank you, Granddaddy!

They made a special trip up to Waco after Austin was born to meet their 1st great grandson. It was a wonderful day and one of the last days I got to spend with Jeannemommie before she passed.



Granddaddy holding Austin and my cousin's daughter Hallie at their 1st Mauritzen Christmas.
Happy Birthday, Granddaddy! We love you!

1 comments:

David M said...

Thanks Angie! What a great tribute to Mother & Daddy on his birthday!