CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. "
Zephaniah 3:17

Monday, March 2, 2009

My Brother is Engaged!

My little bro met his bride-to-be, Kristin in college at SFA. They actually "dated" and as the story goes he broke her heart because he wasn't ready at the time for a serious relationship. Five years later to the day of their 1st date my sweet bro asked one of the most precious girls in the world to be his partner in this life. My sister and I laugh that we actually had the chance to "hand pick" our future sister. Here is the story:

Right after Ainsley was born, Suzanne was staying with me to help us transition to baby #3 and being the most help EVER and such a blessing to us. Kristin and Suzanne have been great friends since their college days and since Kristin lives in McKinney they decided to meet up for coffee on night. They talked and caught up on each other's lives and when Suzanne got home we were talking about Kristin and what an incredible person she is. Several things that Suzanne was telling me about where Kristin was in life kept making me think about Cory and how he was "dealing" with the same things. So, I pretty much texted Cory late that night and told him that he let the girl he should marry go all those years before and that he should call her within the next week and ask her to hang out. He knew exactly what "girl" I was talking about and he was mainly worried that they had a little bit of an unresolved past. I pushed him a little, he called Kristin that week and the rest is history. So, our family was of course thrilled when things started to become more serious with Cory and Kristin. She is more perfect for my brother than even I imagined when I was praying for his future bride. She is going to make him an even better man and the love they have for each other already is a reflection of Christ's love for us just the way it is intended.

Cory pulled off a wonderful surprise engagement at Kristin's parents house with a fun little engagement party afterwards with the family. The ring is gorgeous and both of them are so excited about the amazing journey together they are going to have. I am so proud of my little bro. He has turned into an incredible man full of love for the Lord and his family. What a true gift marriage is! I am so excited that both him and Kristin get to experience everything it has to offer and the many ways the Lord will refine their hearts through their marriage. Congratulations guys! We love you!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

by pusing him a little she means she called him a 'dumb butt' for letting her get away! That's my girl...

love ya babe.

Jacob said...

you'll never believe how I got here (Passion City Church to FBC Anna to Andrew's blog, to your blog)

tell Corey congratulations (I saw him at his future sister-in-law's wedding last year)

hope all is well with you

David M said...

Congratulations to Cory & Kristin! I am so happy for you!
--Uncle David--