Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Hanging out with big bro.
Audrey loves to hold her baby sister. So cute!
4 month birthday
Our precious baby girl is now 4 months old and I truly am sitting here wondering where the time has gone already?! The days and nights just fly by and I am more thankful each day for the gift of motherhood. It is so challenging, isn't it? Yet more rewarding than anything I have ever experienced. Our God that we serve is so remarkable! Words can't describe. Okay, so back to our sweet Ainsley! :) She is such a happy and easy-going little girl! We all just sit around and try and make her smile because she has some of the deepest dimples and I have never seen someone "smile" so much with her whole face and eyes. It is a beautiful sight! She weighs around 13 pounds I would say (we go for our 4 month check up this Friday and I will get her official weight then) and she is very long. If I had to guess I would say that she will be the tallest of my three kiddos. Everyone says that she looks just like me (I would have to agree:) and it seems like she is going to keep her big blue eyes.
Ainsley's favorite things/people right now are definitely her brother and sister. She is watching their every move already! It is so amazing to watch the 3 of them "playing" as Ainsley lays on the ottoman or the floor. These are the times I will keep in my heart and mind forever! So precious hearing Austin and Audrey's sweet words to their baby sis as they hover over her and she just is cooing and awing over them. Ainsley is very interested in the whole rolling over thing and she has definitely found her hands. She hasn't taken to a pacifier like my other two. She would rather prefer the 2 fingers of her left hand which is fine with us. We are pretty much into a routine as far as naps, nursing and night time go (and today was the very first time she napped for like 30 minutes upstairs in her crib while Austin and Audrey were sleeping - I am worried that she will wake up, cry, and wake them up - so she usually naps downstairs.) We are always "making progress"! We still change a TON of diapers (even though Austin is VERY close to being potty trained - YEA!) and most people still don't know how we do it with 3 under 3, but the craziness has become our normal and we praise our Lord and Savior daily for our 3 amazing and energetic children!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
It's goes something like this: Link the person who tagged you, mention the rules, tell 6 quirky yet boring unspectacular things about yourself, tag six other bloggers by linking them, and then go to each person's blog and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
So, here it goes!
1) I have to start with one of my new "loves" - COFFEE! I have always liked coffee and enjoy drinking it, but I would say before Ainsley was born I was just a "social coffee drinker." I would only drink coffee every so often or when my husband would stop off at Starbucks before we left on a trip. And even then it would have to be a mocha frappicino or a mocha coffee with a TON of sugar. Since I have been pregnant for like the last 3 years :) I chose to lay way off the caffeine and my social coffee drinking habits were the first to go. But, like I said before - since Ainsley has been born I have a little ritual I do in the mornings after I wake up and one of the first things I "need" is that cup of coffee. My sweet husband makes me a cup every morning and then again at lunch and then sometimes a decaf cup at night. I would have to say that I am definitely addicted. I also know that with 3 under 3 I need as much energy as possible and these days I am still not sleeping throughout the nights (Ainsley will sometimes still wake up for a 3:00a.m. feeding waking her brother up in the process - good times!) So coffee has become part of my survival method these days. :)
2)Something very quirky about me is that I sleep with my eyes halfway open. I first realized that I did this whenever I woke up one day on a bus ride to a volleyball game in high school with like 6 fellow volleyball players staring over the seat and laughing at me. (Thanks girls! :) I have slept with a mask over my eyes for several years now and I love it b/c of the pitch blackness and the fact that I won't freak out my husband with my "eye issue" anymore. I have always said I do this eye thing b/c I have such big eyes, but I don't know. :) All I know is that my sweet Ainsley does the same thing, so now I get to see how weird it really is to watch someone sleep with their eyes open!
3) I love, love, love music and I always wanted to be a professional dancer. I took dance for many years and the only reason I stopped was because my family really couldn't afford for me to continue doing it and all the other sports I was involved in. So, in jr. high I had to make a choice and I chose sports. There just weren't enough hours in the day to do everything I wanted to do! I look back and now I am very sad that I let dance go. Like so many people music inspires me, challenges me and helps me focus on the things I need to be singing and praising God for in my life. These days I listen to mostly all christian music (or praise baby if we are in the car). I also love to sing, though I am definitely not the best singer in the world. Austin told me just yesterday to "Please stop singing, mommy." And I asked, "Why? Does it hurt your ears?" and he said "Yes, mommy - no singing." Sing - the second most commanded thing the Lord asks us to do in the Bible behind love. I would say that it is important to Him.
4) I am very competitive. I am not too excited about this quality, but every time I think I am over the whole competitive thing - I am definitely not. Thankfully, Andrew has not one competitive bone in his body, so it is not a source of conflict for us. :) I even have a sweet memory of us going on a putt-putt date early in our relationship where he was genuinely worried that he might win and make me upset. Too cute! (He didn't win that night by the way:) The 2 things that Andrew has me beat at are bowling (he is really very good) and Yahtzee. He wins every time! I definitely have him in monopoly and any sport with a ball though. He he! It will be interesting to see which of our kiddos "inherit" this quality. I am pretty sure Austin is well on his way. I see myself in him so often!
5) I am a TLC and HGTV nut! I could watch these channels all day long. I don't of course b/c it is not the choice of my kiddos. These days it is mostly Word World, Curious George and Thomas the Train. I love Jon and Kate Plus 8 b/c they make me and my life feel very normal. I also enjoy watching house renovations and design shows. I am definitely a designer wanna be. I think I mostly like these types of shows b/c there is little to no drama. I am absolutely not the drama queen type.
6) I know I am a pastors wife, but deep down inside I don't enjoy being center stage or the center of attention EVER. I am much more of a behind the scenes kind of person. I have always struggled having people make a fuss over me like wedding and baby showers and being interviewed in front of an entire church body. For some reason the Lord continues to place me in leadership positions. I guess it is because He knows I am totally insecure when it comes to speaking to large groups and that in my weakness He can be strong. And more importantly - He is glorified. I just want more of Jesus and less of me. I really do love people and social situations, but put the spotlight on me and I am freaking out! I just like playing the supporting role and letting my wonderful hubby do what he is great at. I can't imagine having to prepare something every week and then stand up and deliver the message God wants you to. It is definitely a calling!
Well, those are some random things about me. Thanks for reading! I am now tagging: Ann, Lindsay, Angie, Suzanne, Darlene, and Jan. Have fun, ladies! Love y'all!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
This pic does not do this girl justice on how sticky she was.
Austin loved the actual carving part. I just knew he was going to slice his hand open trying to grab the knife.
What is a photo opp without a close-up of such a cutie?!
This is on the fun hay ride at the pumkin patch. Andrew with his girls.
Austin loved feeing all the animals. Here he is giving a longhorn a snack. All the animals were very gentle. It was fun.
Audrey was not too excited and a little scared of this part.
This was the best pic of the 3 kiddos I could get. It is so hard getting "posed" pictures at this age! I try not to get frustrated. It is just too hard to sit still.:)
This was a fun play area where Austin could climb
and Audrey could just sit and watch her bro be a monkey.
This is the actual pumkin patch where we picked our pumkins. This pic looks like Austin is being really sweet to his little sis, but he is actually taking the pumpkin away from Audrey and there were definitely tears to follow. Sigh.
This is one of our favorite places in Waco - the Zoo. We try and make it a goal to go each time we visit my parents. This was Audrey's first time to go in a while and it was so fun seeing how excited she got over the animals like she was seeing them for the very 1st time. Too cute!
She could have done this all day!
All Austin wanted to see was the "elepants" and the "grapts".
We met some friends for a very fun lunch play date and my camera died. I was so sad that I only got a few pics of our sweet friends. This is a pic of my kiddos with Hudson and Avery. Austin misses Hudson a lot and they are great buds so it is always fun to see them when we go to Waco.
This is sweet Sophie holding Ainsley with meg looking on. Sophie is the most adorable little girl!
Here is Austin with 2 of his favorite things - his Papa (my dad)and the riding lawn mower.
My sweet daddy can make any of my kiddos smile. I love this pic!
The kids with my parents hanging out.
We went to a Fly In while in Waco for my mom's birthday. People with these small planes fly in to eat lunch and hang out for a while then fly out. It is a lot of fun to watch the planes land and take off. Austin just can't get enough of the planes!
Aunt Zu zu and Uncle Cory came with us this time.
This is one of the most wonderful couples and best friends in the world - Steve and Mandy Helm. They host a Fly in 2 times a year on their land. We don't know anyone else that has a landing strip in their back yard! :) Congrats also to this sweet couple! They will be having baby #2 next summer! We love you guys!
As you can see, we are having a blast this fall as a little family! These are special times we will never forget!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Austin is way into trains and cars these days. He loves to sit and push them around on his "road" in our living room making the noises they make. He loves being outside and swinging on our swing set, going to church to play with his "friends", his Papa (my dad), Thursday night movie nights (we watch The Polar Express most weeks - his fav), reading Thomas the Train and Curious George books, his big boy bed, going to the park and feeding the ducks and riding his tricycle around the block. He is constantly talking and asking us questions and everyone he meets becomes his "friend". He has big friends and small friends as he puts it. So cute! He loves to laugh and today he had me rolling! I was changing his dirty diaper and he was holding his nose describing to me how stinky it was and saying, "Mommy, I sorry I have stinky poo poo." I love those moments! I couldn't stop laughing!
He has started going to the very first level of Awanas called Puggles on Wednesday nights at our church where he is learning how much God loves him and all the things that God has made. This is his favorite time of the week and he is so excited to go with daddy to church/work these nights. He always comes home bouncing off the walls and so excited to share what he has learned. I think he loves this time each week because it is something special to him that just he does with daddy and it makes him feel like a real "big boy".
Austin is growing so fast and I can't believe that he will be 3 in a couple of months! I am so proud of my little boy and how well he has adjusted in his short life to having 2 little sisters around. I can't wait to see how those relationships grow and blossom! He loves both Audrey and Ainsley so much and he is already very protective of both of them. He is our sweet little man and I praise the Lord for blessing me with the gift of him and my 2 girls. I just pray that I can be the best mom possible for him and that Andrew and I can model Christ's love to him on a daily basis.
Here are some pics of our cutie.
Very proud that he climbed into Audrey's bed to wake her up. :)
Silly wearing my sun glasses
laughing about something silly he just said
Thursday, October 2, 2008
We (okay maybe just me) had no doubt that God had this house thing under control. So often when we are praying for the Lord to move on our behalf, we forget that their are other people/families/lives involved. I love that we can rent out our home to this family who is serving the Lord in the ministry like we are. God's timing is always perfect, isn't it? He is amazing and sometimes I just sit in awe of the things He has orchestrated in my life! What an incredible God we serve!